VRCC Calendar Ad

Ethanol free fuel what are you paying

Started by Edvalk, Mon 01, Dec 2014, 19:51:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Edvalk

Was looking for some ethanol free premium for winter storage. Looked online and the closest station was 30 miles away. Called today to see if they are still selling it and they were. Asked if it was premium and it was 91 octane . Asked the price $5.70 gal . Just wondered what everyone else is paying . That seemed high to me .
1998 valkyrie standard , 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250

specialdose


                                 I have 5 within a 40mi radius, average price $3.79. 3 mid grade, 2 reg. That is pretty much what
                         I run in my Lady. I just think she likes the corn free better.  Not really a issue here in Atlanta about sitting
                         in the tank since rain is the only thing that stops my riding. Have you gone here ?  pure-gas.org/
                         
                         
                                             

Windrider

I use ethanol free 91 octane. Paid $3.599 per gallon at last fill-up. We are often higher priced than surrounding states because of the high Nebraska gasoline tax.

Edvalk

I've been on the pure gas website and there are not to many ethanol free gas stations in my area . Wish there were. $5.70 is nuts I understand supply and demand  but come on.
1998 valkyrie standard , 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250

Windrider

I checked Pure-Gas.org too. We're a big ethanol producing state, but lots of guys don't like ethanol. I was surprised to find over 15 stations in my town carrying ethanol free fuel and 4 within a couple of miles of home. Oh, and IMHO $5.70 is NUTS!!

pais

Quote from: Edvalk on Mon 01, Dec 2014, 19:51:31
Was looking for some ethanol free premium for winter storage. Looked online and the closest station was 30 miles away. Called today to see if they are still selling it and they were. Asked if it was premium and it was 91 octane . Asked the price $5.70 gal . Just wondered what everyone else is paying . That seemed high to me .
EdValk,
      Pais, up here in Kent, Ohio. Veterans Day, pure gas was $4.01 gal.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!


58Woody

Around here it's called Non-oxy.
around $3.50.
Be not afraid. Only believe.

Hoser

#7
I just filled my car and truck, 87 octane ethanol in Auburn Kansas for 2.40 a gallon.  89 octane  ethanol is 2 cents higher per gallon. 92 octane non ethanol is 6 cents higher. I use the 87 in my bike. These are cash prices, higher for card slide.  Hoser  
I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle

[img width=300 height=233]http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/

Ricky-D

I filled my car up with regular grade (89 octane) yesterday. Price was 2.99/gal.

I replaced my trigger wheel so regular can now be run in the bike also.

Up until recently the price for regular-non ethanol was 3.39/gal

Nice saving 40¢ a gallon, and it's prolly gonna come down some more,

according to all the oil reports on the news.

***
2000_Valkyrie_Interstate

Pete

Filled Saturday for 3.10 a gallon for 93 octane non ethanol. My normal station was closed, it was 3.00 there

Highbinder

Here in Tazewell, Va. we have 4 or 5 stations that sell 100% gas easy to get, I checked the price this morning and it's at $2.79 a gallon, good buy 87% octane.. :cooldude:

Patrick

More and more gas stations are selling non-ethonal, but, one has to look for them.

Marina's have non-ethanol.

Also, the overall best gas for storage purposes is 100LL avgas. Its readily available at any local airport. Now this is in the $6/gal range, but, it does not varnish.

old2soon

Just checked the Amstar in West Plains Mo. $3.31 a gal which is about .90 cents more a gal than 87 octane 10% corn. The corn free is 91 octane. RIDE SAFE.
Today is the tommorow you worried about yesterday. If at first you don't succeed screw it-save it for nite check.  1964  1968 U S Navy. Two cruises off Nam.
VRCCDS0240  2012 GL1800 Gold Wing Motor Trike conversion

..

60 to 70 cents over the regular price.

My ST1300 really likes it. I try to use ethanol free exclsuively and plan fuel stops in north GA at gas stations selling it.

..


Jess from VA

Glad I checked again, for the first time there is a station within 50.3 miles of me (won't travel in MD).

art

Quote from: Ricky-D on Tue 02, Dec 2014, 09:51:31
I filled my car up with regular grade (89 octane) yesterday. Price was 2.99/gal.

I replaced my trigger wheel so regular can now be run in the bike also.

Up until recently the price for regular-non ethanol was 3.39/gal

Nice saving 40¢ a gallon, and it's prolly gonna come down some more,

according to all the oil reports on the news.

***
I don't understand this, I had a 6* trigger wheel in my 02  for ten years and never had any pre-ignition problems at all, no pinging and it ran fine from 20mph in 5th all the way up to redline

Jetflyer

I'm either driving a Valkyrie or an Airbus... it just depends on the day of the week.

CajunRider


Around here, real gas (regular octane) hovers about 20-30 cents above Premium Gas-a-hol.

I haven't seen anyone selling the real stuff in premium, but it's fairly common to see the "Ethanol Free" signs around here.  I know of 5 within 20 miles (2 within 5 miles). 

Makes the 'ol 2004 Thunderbird Sport run GOOD!!!!   :cooldude: 

Sent from my Apple IIe

Chrisj CMA

I don't know. Stuck my card in filled up and bike likes it.....Ill look at the price next time.  Its the only station within 40 miles or so that has real gas so I just pay whatever they charge, it didn't seem to be scary but I just didn't look that close.

Gryphon

The only way to get pure gas in my part of Missouri is to go with the premium.  However, I went back to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving and my little town there had pure gas for 2.79/gal.  About the same price at the convenience store outside of Tulsa.  We were in the car and filled up before the trip back north.

rekit

We have a race gas place in Houston, TX in Channelview-$8/gallon for 93 octane. I put it in my RC planes and string trimmer, and also storage on some other bikes I have. I'll be looking for some 100LL aviation....
Bought a brand new Z1 in 74 and sold it later to get a "family car" DOH!! My brother had a Kaw H1 at the time as well. Oh well, good times! Lately Mean Streak, CBX, Nighthawk 750, Connie, KZ1000, Yamaha TTR 250, KTM 250

..


Patrick

Quote from: Britman on Thu 04, Dec 2014, 10:36:17
Didn't want to start another thread for fuel prices.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-03/first-u-s-gas-station-drops-below-2-a-gallon.html






Somethings up. This bothers me. I think I can understand our phony economy and I'll gladly take advantage of the stock market craziness. When to get out is the question, I'm concerned when 2008 will happen again.
Now, this gas price thing. We becoming a leader in oil and natural gas production I think is great. At face value the crude oil price drop is good, but, I'm asking why and what are the results going to be. I think the extra $1K or so savings per year per family will certainly help the economy in the short term, but,
I think somethings up.
I hope I'm wrong though.

RP#62

Quote from: Patrick on Thu 04, Dec 2014, 20:37:19
Quote from: Britman on Thu 04, Dec 2014, 10:36:17
Didn't want to start another thread for fuel prices.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-03/first-u-s-gas-station-drops-below-2-a-gallon.html






Somethings up. This bothers me. I think I can understand our phony economy and I'll gladly take advantage of the stock market craziness. When to get out is the question, I'm concerned when 2008 will happen again.
Now, this gas price thing. We becoming a leader in oil and natural gas production I think is great. At face value the crude oil price drop is good, but, I'm asking why and what are the results going to be. I think the extra $1K or so savings per year per family will certainly help the economy in the short term, but,
I think somethings up.
I hope I'm wrong though.


The Saudis are keeping the price down to try to drive the frackers out of business.

-RP
 

radwhopper

I don't trust the oil companies either. As for the ethanol, I try to make sure I put a couple of ounces of Lucas ethanol treatment in every fill up on all my bikes.

Jetflyer

$3.19 for ethanol free 91 Octane. 3/4/2015
I'm either driving a Valkyrie or an Airbus... it just depends on the day of the week.

Patrick

Right now in the keys it's 3.59 for 90 octane.

cookiedough

good idea to put 91 octane ethanol free gas (or whatever octane rating w/o ethanol in your area) before winter the last few fillups in cold weather states where you have to store bike not ran for 3-5 months. 

I do not see the need for it during summer running cycle every week or so just use 87 E10 gas is fine I think.  Gas mileage really doesn't suffer much either using 87 E10 gas I don't think still get around 35 avg mpg is about it, at most 40, the least 32 mpg. 

I use to get 37 avg mpg, but the last few years I ride it like I stole it more so off the line that I should, thus now only 35 avg mpg.  2nd and 3rd gears get a good workout at times.  Not a fan of whinding out 1st gear, prefer to upshift early in that gear since cannot go as fast in 1st gear as long as 2nd and 3rd gear. 

Around me,  91 octane non-ethanol runs about 40-45 cents more per gallon almost all the time, so now is 2.699 91 octane ethanol free vs. 2.299 for 87 E-10 gas in southern WI.  Most of IL and IA are cheaper in gas pricing though that I know.  WI use to be years ago cheaper than IL gas, but not anymore.   IA state is almost always cheaper and has been.